Blog of a CPA Mommy

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Where Are the Kids?

My in-laws decided to take my kids for a week last week. From Monday evening until Saturday morning we were kidless. Tuesday nothing much happened because I had an appointment. Wednesday hmmm. Oh, yeah, gaming in the evening so cleaning in the afternoon. Thursday I happily wrote all day long and the same for Friday. I made some real great progress on the book I'm writing totalling about 8000 words in two days, finished it should be about 85,000 words.

The kids are back. Suntanned and lounging around the house this morning, happily connected to their electronic gadgets. Last night we went to our friends who visited us in Sheffield for dinner. All had fun. At the end of the evening, we were walking down the steps in the dark and being distracted by the pregnant lady jumping up and down to get the security light I missed the last step. I'm fairly certain I probably fell off my shoe too. Anyway, I fell down, very slowly. I kept thinking oh, I'm stopping now and then I didn't. I didn't stop falling until I was looking up at a bumper. Yup, that's me, graceful. So when we got home I had to do what I do on a weekly basis for the kids to me. Wash the wounds and then bandage. One big one and two Scooby Doo ones. Mostly I just scraped the skin, but my ankle scrapped up the worst. However it's my arm that hurts to move. I was holding the game box which didn't help stop my fall. Oh, well, now I can really tell the kids to stop crying it doesn't hurt that bad. Mommy didn't cry when she fell (even though there was that brief moment where I thought about it).

Next week is VBS (vacation bible school). Yeah, more me time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home