Blog of a CPA Mommy

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fighting Temptation

Welcome to Control Freaks are us. I have to fight the temptation to call my husband hourly at work to ask if he knows anything about England yet. I know that he will call me as soon as he knows or as soon as he remembers to call me after he knows, but I can't stand not knowing. It's driving me insane. I can't make plans. I NEEEED to make plans. I've told my boss we may or may not be leaving in busy season to go to England for a year or two. I want to say I'm going to England for two years, not maybe or or. I need to plan schools, areas to live in, what we will take, whether we'll rent our house or not, what needs to be stored, how to get the cats over there, how much peanut butter to take with. These are all important things and they need to be decided NOW! My boss said that if we don't know anything in 60 days to give my husband's company a little push as we will have huge staffing issues if we don't do anything. So I told my boss on Thursday of last week so 53 days more to go. Health arrangements for the kids. Rent an apartment or a house. Live in Sheffield or Rotherham. Public school or private or home school. If we move in January, transferring Little Man in the middle of a semester. Will the school system put him in the place he needs to be in 2 years for testing in the US. If we're not going, fine. I'd still like to know. And remember as GI Joe always says "Knowing is half the battle."

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 PM, Blogger the squeaky mouse gets the cheese said…

    I totally want you guys to go just because I think living in any foreign country for a year or two would be fun for you guys and a broadening experience for the kids. On the down side, we'll miss having you around and we'll be worrying you'll find some old castle there to buy and fix up to stay long term... (okay if it has guest rooms we can maybe live with that too).

    Hopefully it all gets settled soon. Depending where it is, it is very possible I'll be able to drop in some time while working in London.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home