Blog of a CPA Mommy

Monday, July 31, 2006

And in Other News

Since the storm took priority last week, I figured I'd back track a few weeks to Little Man's sixth birthday party. His friends came over for one of the hottest days of the summer. We kept the party inside with the exception of the treasure hunt. The kids had fun. They got a pirate ship cake via my SIL and ice cream. When the kids left, we picked up and looked for collateral damage. It was at this point I noticed Lady Jane's paci on the ground (she's horrible about abandoning it and forgetting where she left it). As I picked it up, I examined it like I always do. This time there was a break in the rubber probably caused by Lady Jane chewing on it. I called her to me. We discussed the fact that the paci was broken and needed to be thrown away. I handed it to her and she handed it back and said to throw it away. Then she asked for her red one. The red one I threw away when she decided to throw it at me. I told her that one was gone and that's when she got upset, but she understood. That night she wasn't wanting to go to sleep, however, her cousins were down and the four kids had been puppy piling on the air mattress in Little Man's room. When she laid down, her oldest cousin who is 6 told Lady Jane that she would be her paci. My niece is getting a huge present for her bday in November. We had a few rough patches, but worked through it. Yeah!

The only surprise to me came the second night without the paci when my husband, who is anti-paci, asked if he needed to go out and buy one. We didn't, but the man has been saying she needed to give up the paci for months and when we have a good out, he suggests we get her another one? I guess everyone has their moments of weakness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home