Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Weekend

Friday night was our typical, go to violin practice with the kids, then come home and do nothing special. Saturday was Little Gym for the girl and Soccer for the boy followed by two hours of swimming at the Y. The girl actually took a nap on the couch while the boy played quietly. He went to his grandparents' for a sleep over leaving the girl alone with us. We called some friends with a daughter a little over a year younger than my girl. They played for a while. We ordered some food and then played a game while the girls watched a video. It's fun to play games unfortunately we always end up going home around 8:30 (bedtime). So, we end up doing what we always do, my husband plays on his computer and I play on mine or watch TV. Nothing terribly exciting. Sunday morning was slow going. The afternoon was spent with my husband running, my son at his friend's house, and my girl and I going out to see some puppies (a great hobby as long as you don't try to bring one home). At 4 o'clock was the kid's violin recital. My boy threw a few fits getting ready (he didn't want to stop playing with his friend). My girl just loved being in her "princess" dress. My boy did very well and because my girl can't stand being left out she was scheduled for a public bow. (We bought her a violin on Ebay for $50 including shipping, so that she wouldn't break the boy's rented violin.) Of course she wanted to do an assisted "Monkey Song." I couldn't believe I forgot my camera. I should be chastised somehow by some organization as a horrible mother. Hopefully I'll be able to catch other moments. My girl couldn't sit through the entire recital and ended up running up and down in the hallway. Afterwards we came home had dinner and crashed for the evening.

As a side note, this evening I put my kids to bed at 8:30 (standard time most nights). My husband had rock climbing this evening. My daughter has been up and down for the last hour until I finally just let her cry at the top of the stairs for 10 minutes. Oh, this wasn't any crying this was screaming and crying, quite dramatically, "DADDY!" After ignoring her it seems that she's finally decided to go to bed after all. I think I'll definitely sneak out as early as possible tomorrow morning (not really sneaking). At least now, I can turn back on "Sex in the City", I think I'm on Season Three on DVD. Of course, I'll go check on the girl to make sure she passed out from exhaustion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home