Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"Stupid Pizza"

Tonight my husband made pizza for dinner. My girl likes it cut up and eats it with the fork. The pizza wasn't cooperating with her fork. As she's trying to spear the pizza with the cheese side down, we hear an under the breath "Stupid pizza". It's hard not to laugh at things like this. As my husband said that's the first time he's heard her curse an inanimate object.

Oh, at a party this weekend, someone was mentioning that her daughter doesn't hold hands. I was trying to describe the thumb lock but without actually holding someone's hand I couldn't remember how I do it. After holding hands a few times, I realized I use my pinkie to lock under their thumb bone. It keeps them from pulling their hand out and allows me to "hold" hands without holding their wrist (which on particularly stubborn children, which I have oodles of experience with, keeps them from pulling free and dropping out). My girl still tries the drop on me as long as she's not going to get hurt horribly sometimes I let her drop (slowly). Maybe at some point she'll learn that I hold her hand to keep her from safe. One can hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home