Blog of a CPA Mommy

Monday, May 08, 2006

I'm a big kid now.

I hope that jingle gets stuck in your head the way it did in mine. It's my baby's birthday. My little girl turned 3 today. She had a Barbie cake made by her aunt. She got to choose the meal Macaroni and Cheese and chicken nuggets. She got a couple of Barbies (her first, she's sleeping with the Birthday Barbie), Barbie clothes, a backpack to put all her Barbie stuff in, a pool for Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake, and dress up shoes. Her brother picked out a tiera and clip-on earrings and paid for them with his allowance. We're past the magical age where small things are no longer a choking hazard. Could someone please inform my little angel to stop putting small things in her mouth because she's not listening to me? Of course, she rarely listens to me. But she disobeys with a smile. Gotta pick your battles.

I love babies, so the next has nothing to do with them personally, but I am so glad to be done. I have kids now. They can fix themselves reasonably easy breakfast, turn on their morning cartoons, and let me sleep in. Yeah. Of course, by sleeping in I mean 8. My children are early birds (I have no idea where they get it from, not from me, you can ask my mom). It's really odd when my boy goes to play with his friend down the street. I feel anxious about him being out of my sight and therefore out of my control (sorry, I'm a control freak, my girl gets that from me, you can blame my mom). I've watched too many after school specials and various shows that deal with kidnappings and pervs. I've known kids that have been hit by cars while crossing the street and I've seen a kid hit while on her bike. I worry, but that's what Moms do. I cherish the special moments I have with my kids and sometimes wish they would still be babies for the sweet moments, but wish they'd grow up for the bad moments.

But I wish my girl the best birthday ever for every birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home