Blog of a CPA Mommy

Monday, July 24, 2006

Strays and the Hard Hearted

I admit I have a soft spot for strays. I know I can't keep them, but I also can't seem to leave them until they are well taken care of. On the way up to the pool Sunday afternoon, I heard the most pitiful cries coming from a tree. I rescued a little kitten from the branches. My husband the hard-hearted asked "What are you going to do with that?" He knew perfectly well that I couldn't abandon any creature, though he wished that I'd just put the thing down and move on. I told him just a minute and ran and asked a favor of our friends to watch the kitten until we were done at the pool. We collected the kitten on the way down the hill to our house. I set her up with a pan of litter, a bowl of water and milk-softened food, and a carrier with a towel in it. The kitten proceeded to relieve itself in the corner of the room twice before a moved the litter box to that corner. Now she's going in the litterbox. Of course I noticed some lumps on her and figured she had some dirt on her. Fortunately I still have some Tiny Tiger shampoo from when my cats were young. During the bath I realized she had fleas. I think they're all gone now. She may have ear mites and the likelihood of heartworms. So the real question is if anyone wants her better call me soon. She's adorable and super affectionate. She loved Lady Jane and followed her around the bathroom anytime she was in there. She'd make someone a super companion. However, given that we have three cats of our own, she will be making a trip to the Humane Society soon this morning. The one near us opens at 8:00 this morning, but I have two kids and me to get ready. So give me a call if you're interested. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home