Blog of a CPA Mommy

Monday, August 18, 2008

A Girl and Her Car

I have a Honda Fit. I'm a girl who has never been particularly interested in cars. Note I haven't gotten that interested over the years either. So if you own a Honda Fit and see me getting into mine please don't ask me how I like it. It's starting to creep me out. First a man hollers across the grocery store parking lot "How do you like your Fit?" I smile thinly and say it's fine. Then today I come out of Target and a man sitting in a white Fit right next to mine. I load in my stuff and then take the cart to the corral. As I'm walking back across, he's started his car and pulls out. I wait and he rolls down his passenger window to yell, "How do you like the Fit?"

Now come on, people. You're making me really quite freaked out. What is it with older men and their Honda Fits wanting to see if I like my car. I'm driving it and it's not broken, so yeah, I like it. Am I going to gush ecstatically over it? Probably not. Is it going to make me want to talk to you? Really, no! Is it going to make me want to run to the nearest police officer? Umm . . . yeah. It's a car, you've got one too, good for you. Now leave me alone.

{This does not apply to people I know and talk to. Or someone interested in buying a Fit. Just creepy Fit owners who want their own purchase approved by someone else :) }

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home