Blog of a CPA Mommy

Thursday, July 19, 2007

July 15th Sunday

We got going later than I had wanted to but as early as we possibly could. We traveled northward and stopped twice once for a potty break and once for lunch. We arrived at Stirling Castle at 2:00 and left 4:30. A lot has changed since I was there 11 years ago except the kitchen exhibit and the gardens. A lot was already being renovated. We headed out about 4:30 and spent the next 3 hours driving up to Haddo House near Aberdeen. I drove the first and second stint all by myself with my mother in law crammed in the back with the two kids and my father in law crammed with the stuff that wouldn’t fit anywhere else at his feet. I had room but not much. We drove in my new 98 Peugeot 306 hatchback. The kids enjoyed exploring Stirling Castle and we enjoyed the castle and the ability to stretch our legs.

We made it to Haddo House where we found the stable block flats. We unloaded our overflowing car and are now waiting to go to bed so we can cram back in the car to go to more castles tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home