Blog of a CPA Mommy

Thursday, June 28, 2007

On Cameras and Actual Pictures

Okay, so maybe I'm not as organized as I need to be. This morning I packed Little Man's outfit for his dance performance in his bag and set it next to the door. Once the kids and I got into the hallway and I was locking the door, I realized I'd forgotten something. So I unlocked the door and went back inside for the check I'd written for after school care. We got down the elevator and out the front door before I realized I'd forgotten his outfit. Nevermind we'll get it later.

Got down to school dropped Little Man off at his class and came back outside. There was something I had wanted to check when I got to school. What was it again? Oh, yeah, when was the school uniform shop open? This morning, fantastic. I was headed that way when Helen caught up with me. She was going to check it out as well since Vincent was starting with Lady Jane in Reception in the fall. I got everything Lady Jane will need (will take pictures in the fall. The hat is so cute!) for the fall. And got Little Man the overcoat he'll need for winter. Okay, just make sure you are sitting for this and consider that the average child will outgrow the uniform every one or two years. I paid a grand total of 296 pounds for Lady Jane's uniform and Little Man's coat. Converted to dollars that's $591.

Okay, now that you've recovered and closed your mouth. That is nonreimbursable from Phil's company. Out of our pockets, yuck. Private school's not looking so hot, but for the education my kids are getting it really is worth it. Okay, back to my day. So then Helen and I took the kids to Millhouses Park. Remember this is the park that was flooded on Monday and where an older boy died. The water had risen all the way up to the swings which are several yards away from the backs of the almost creek like river. The swings were all taken down and the kids spent their time playing on the wooden sets on the other side of the park.

We went to the cafe at the park (most parks in England have a cafe which has tea, cakes and ice cream). The kids had ice cream. Helen then dropped us off at home. We watched Quantum Leap (it's on at 11 or 12 everyday), had lunch and then ran Little Man's outfit down to the cloak room. We came home and tidied up.

At 2:45 we headed down to Little Man's dance & drama recital sans camera. Yeah, I didn't even think of it until I'd been sitting down for 10 minutes and saw someone else's. Fortunately, Flo's mom's mom had hers and Flo's mom took a few pictures of Little Man. I'm crossing my fingers they come out. I blame everything on lack of sleep, which combined with a poor memory in the first place are not a good combination. I'm tired. The kids are tired. And I'm the one who has to be creative with dinner and be pestered about playing Lego's Star Wars or watching a movie or playing a game. I wish I had something I could pester them about.

Oh, and Lady Jane fell on the sidewalk on the way home and scraped her knees badly. So that made the day extra special.

On another note, Little Man looked so cool for his dance to the song "Boy from New York City" in his black jeans (rolled up several times this morning for fit) and black t-shirt and the red Cards hat that I bought for him at his first baseball game when he was a toddler (it was the smallest size they had at the time). He likes to perform and during his parent teacher conference, his teacher mentioned that he loves that class. I had thought about getting him into tap class at home, but stalled when I found out we might be going to England. Phil gets home tonight. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home