Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Damn, Damn, Damn

I hate the washer/dryer here. I miss my Whirlpool Duet separate extra large capacity washer and dryer at home. I went out and bought a second aerator (drying rack), so I could do two loads at least a day. It takes 3-4 hours to go through a complete cycle. I threw in my wool sweaters on low and came out with smaller sweaters. These were my favorite sweaters that I just bought in the fall and winter. I was bummed so I did a search on Google to help. I'm going to try the add conditioner to warm water and stretch the sweater while drying on one of them. Afterall, what more damage can I do?

I did make provisions though. I found a different colored sweater in the same style on e-Bay and ordered it and I treated myself to a new sweater (on sale) through Banana Republic. So at least I feel a little better. Of course, I have to wait until the towels are washed and hung to dry before I can try fixing the sweater. You try keeping up with this family and laundry. I swear I do laundry all week long and never catch up. At home, Monday was laundry day. I did all the laundry and folded it and put it away all on Monday. Did I mention I miss my washer and dryer? I think I'd be happier with a separate dryer.

Oh, and guess where I have space for my two drying racks? Can you guess? My dining room, which is right off the kitchen. That's the only space unless I want to block the TV in the living room which probably wouldn't work.

The rain finally stopped and Phil made his way down to Derby to catch a train to Cardiff. The train station here flooded yesterday. I found out about the death of the little boy at Millhouses today at playgroup. The river was swollen. We've been to Millhouses park where the river runs by. Very odd weather here. The report indicates that we got 1/6th of the Annual rainfall for the area in 12 hours. I guess my sweater issue isn't the most important thing going on today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home