Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

July Was Busy

I went to RWA National Conference in Washington, DC. It was a wonderful experience that I hope to repeat. Phil rode with me and took the car to Shanandoa National Park to go backpacking with 2 friends while I was at conference. The children.

Little Man started with Boy Scout camp and then joined Lady Jane at their grandparents' vacation home community camp. Swimming, horseback riding, crafts. Very fun. Then Phil and I saw the kids for less than 24 hours before my mom took them up to her house while we were out east.

When we finally all returned home, we were worn out. Now we are patiently (ha!) awaiting the start of school. We've bought all but one thing for their school supplies. Who knew it would take a scavenger hunt to find 35mm rolls of film. I have to try Walgreens, I guess.

Phil is busy studying for his qualifying exams. I'm busy working on revisions for requests (woot). And the kids are milking the last of their summer vacation. So that's where we are.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger BriteLady said…

    Is one of the kids taking a photography class or something? Strange to need film in elementary school.

    Char's school puts together "class packets" that contain all of the items on the teachers' lists. One price. No running around. I could probably have done much better by hitting Walmart, Target, etc, but I took the easy way out.

    I think all we have left to get are Char's shoes--regular ones dictated by the uniform and plain white gym shoes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home