Blog of a CPA Mommy

Monday, May 25, 2009

Birthday Fiasco

Lady Jane celebrated her birthday 2 weeks ago and just managed to have her birthday party on Saturday. 2 weeks ago was mother's day so we planned it for last Sunday. At 4 am Sunday morning, Lady Jane woke and proceeded to clear out her insides by any means possible. In the morning we called everyone who RSVP'd that we'd schedule for the following weekend. The gym had an opening on Saturday so we printed out some invites and sent them to school. What I didn't figure into the equation was that this weekend was Memorial day weekend.

At a little before 2, I remembered gift bags for the kids (party to start at 3:30). Little Man complained that he was hot and grabbed a thermometer. He had a temperature and complained that his head hurt. Back track to Friday when I get a phone call from the school nurse saying Little Man fell from the monkey bars and landed on his head and shoulder but was doing fine. Fast forward back to Saturday, when I go into slight panic mode due to some report years ago where a little girl hit her head and died a few days later. So I call the nurse hotline and go over the symptoms. I realize that it's probably viral and not related to the head injury but better safe than sorry. The nurse was nice and we ran through all the scenerios and what to watch for and I gave him some Tylenol. Next problem.

Phil left for Switzerland Saturday morning, so I'm home alone with the kids with a birthday party for one and the other sick. Call Brother in Law who is nice enough to come over and watch Little Man for the next 2-1/2 hours while I do birthday party. Problem solved.

We did get a few friends to come and a few that said they couldn't make it because they were busy this weekend. Lady Jane had fun regardless and the number of children was just about right with a brother and sister thrown in.

So crazy as my life is at least her birthday is finally done and I can move on to the next big thing which is school's out in 6 more school days. Ahhhh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home