Blog of a CPA Mommy

Friday, August 21, 2009

Hey Dad!

So my dad chastised me for not posting more frequently. I tend to have lengthy phone conversations with my mom, but not so much with dad. So here I am (ETA: why does I am work in this sentence, but not I'm, hmph) to say I'll try to post more frequently.

Life in general runs on a fairly straightforward schedule which is why I don't write on the blog more often. The kids are back in school during the day, so I get to write and revise to my heart's content without someone coming up to ask if they can play on the computer, watch TV, do handstands in the living room, or a snack. I made one of those up. But still it's constant.

When I realized the kids were occupied for a while, I'd quickly open my work in progress and not two minutes later, they'd appear wanting something. School is a very good thing. Both children are adjusting to the schedule. We're slowly getting back into after school activities. This week started gymnastics. Next week starts Cub Scouts. And in September, the kids both are taking a dance class. Ballet for Lady Jane and Hip Hop for Little Man. And Lady Jane will resume swim lessons. Little Man doesn't want to take swim classes so it will be up to Daddy to convince him otherwise.

Lady Jane learned to ride a bike after she got home from Grandma's. Which made Daddy super proud. Phil is working on his qualifying exams for his doctoral program.

I'm frantically (*cough, cough*) trying to avoid procrastination while revising to send out my full manuscript to an agent who has requested it. I have two publishers who would like to see it as well, but I'm waiting until the agents have a look see on the advise of another agent. So my writing career is picking up steam. Unfortunately when I don't allow myself to write (ie. need revisions done first), my brain starts spewing forth ideas and scenes for other books. So right now I have 4 books waiting to be written and about 90 other ideas waiting.

It should be a busy school year for all of us. Everyone has classes (except me :-) ). I do have another conference I'm going to this fall in Georgia. This one will be spent in workshops and more networking. So I guess I kind of have classes. I'll try to write more often on here. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    So I am wondering if I will actually get to read this book before you publish it, or maybe send me an advanced copy. Good to say "I knew this girl when ..." I'm so proud of you! Are you going to publish under a pseudonym?

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous dad said…

    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home