Blog of a CPA Mommy

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dad's Weekly Update

Okay, so, what happened this week. Phil took his final qualifying exam for his doctorate program on Monday and found out Friday that he passed. He was really nervous, but he did it. He's having a party tonight to celebrate.

The kids went to school and their gymnastics. Lady Jane went to the eye doctor to make sure she wasn't having headaches because she needed glasses. Not quite yet for glasses. She's having a sleepover with a couple of friends tonight. Her first.

Me? I finished revisions and sent it off to an agent who requested the whole thing. She won't get back to me anytime soon, so exhale (I already have). Oh and you might have noticed the whole both Lady Jane and Phil have company tonight. So this morning I printed out a list of everything that needed to be cleaned and the kids, Phil and I got busy.

The downstairs is now presentable to company and Phil and Lady Jane are off getting supplies for tonight. I've started research for the next idea I'm going to work on. I spent yesterday on Wikipedia and going through 7 of the books I brought back from Ireland and Scotland. I found out that Groundhogs day was also a Celtic holiday February 2nd, Imbolc. It ties into the groundhog story as well, but supposed if it's sunny, the old woman (I forget her name) is gathering wood for a longer winter, but if its gloomy, she doesn't need to gather more wood so winter will be shorter. I thought that was cool. I also found a cauldron that brings back warriors from death, but they can't speak. If it looks like a zombie and moans like a zombie..... That's from the 11th century. Will I use any of this knowledge? Not likely, but the other stuff I found, I'm mulling around in my head.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Dad said…

    Thanks for update and congrates to Phil!

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    If you want more information on Celtic mythology, let me know. My buddy Charlie is an expert and he loves any chance to talk about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home