Blog of a CPA Mommy

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Shaky Start

So we had way too much fun at 1 am and no not that kind. England had an earthquake. The epicenter wasn't that far away. Phil and I woke to our bedroom shaking. Not fun to be on the fifth floor of the building during an earthquake. Fortunately it was only tremors and only a few seconds. So when we realized the room wasn't going to fall on our heads, we checked on the children, who slept through the whole thing. Then, went downstairs to figure out what happened. Sky News was talking to people who phoned in. These were mostly people who were up at the time. Who is up at 1 am in the morning in the middle of the week? Sorry I've been a mom too long. There was one report on the Internet around 1:20 about it. By this morning there were several reports. It was all very odd, but there's no damage. Nothing fell off shelves. No one got hurt. Very anti-climatic and anti-climactic in Sheffield.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obligatory Joan of Arcadia quote:

    Joan: that is like mad anti-climatic.
    God: anti-climaCtic. anti-climatic means you're against the weather.

     
  • At 7:09 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Dear Anonymous,

    Personally I am against earthquakes and am considering starting a fund to stop the earthquakes. :) I don't watch that show sounds funny though.

    PS Don't be shy at least sign your name.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger HiddenChicken said…

    When I lived in Chile, we had an earthquake that measured at 6.7. It scared the crap out of me and I was ready to dive under the table. My host family? They laughed at me - apparently it's only a tremor if it's under 7.0!

    I'm obviously not a huge fan of earthquakes, either - it's never pleasant to wonder if you're about to be smashed by a wall or something.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sarahlynn said…

    Me! I'm up at 1:00 in the middle of the week, pretty much every night. And I'm a mom, too. With kids who get up at 6:00. Snore.

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    You're a very brave woman. I have to get at least 8 hours of sleep or I feel broken the next day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home