Blog of a CPA Mommy

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last night we had friends over for dinner and a game of Settlers. Today has been a lazy day. I finally converted all my files to my new laptop and am writing on it right now. It took a few hours which was expected. I found some cool gadgets for Vista to put on the sidebar. Otherwise, I hate Vista. It's not very intuitive and I can't back track to a Windows XP look just so I can find stuff. (When XP came out you could change the look back to 98). The networking options are horrendous. They are impossible to figure out how to do the most simple things. Okay enough about the computer. It was after all my gift for the next several holidays including last Xmas and today.

So the kids are being crazy because I put daddy in charge and just don't feel like yelling on my b-day. Phil let the kids get out the glitter and other stuff to make cards for me. Unfortunately, he didn't pay attention to Lady Jane and she dumped most of the glitter on the table and drew off the card with markers onto the nice tablecloth we had out for dinner last night.

Phil made me blueberry pancakes from scratch this morning. They were awesome. He also made lunch for everyone and has done a wonderful job fielding the kids' endless questions, which I've been diverting to him all day. I can have at least one day. Overall it's been a nice day and after dinner we'll have some cake. Oh, Phil's making dinner too.

I've had a wonderful year. England has been amazing and an unforgettable experience. In less than four weeks we'll be in our own house. For a while it will feel very surreal as we get back into old habits. And at some point England will feel surreal. I'm very excited to see what the next year will bring into our lives as Little Man returns to school and Lady Jane starts in the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home