Blog of a CPA Mommy

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick or Treat

Halloween in Sheffield is definitely low key. Fortunately, a mother who lives down the street invited us to Trick or Treat with her kids. Otherwise I had a bunch of candy to give the kids. So we dressed up and headed down the hill. We walked around the streets near school and though not the truck load of candy we normally get the kids got quite a bit. Amongst the wrapped candy were some unwrapped candy (we threw it away), some coins, and someone only had crisps (ready salted). The kids had fun and have enough candy to last them to Christmas.

November is National Novel Writing Month. A bunch of lunatics decide to write a novel in the month of November (50,000 words). It's really international. It's been around for about 10 years. I'm a lunatic so I thought why not. You start a brand new novel for the month, so for the past month I've been doing my research, character planning, and plotting and am ready to get a start on it. I got some writing done this morning, but with the kids home it's been a little touch and go. They go back to school next week. Yeah!

We had lunch with Phil today since he forgot something for work at home this morning. Little Man has a friend over right now. Lady Jane is watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets while Little Man and his friend play Lego StarWars II. Thank goodness for headphones. I'm about to plug in.

Oh, washer/dryer is still broke. It's built into the kitchen and whoever built it in thought it would be just nifty to put the washer/dryer in and then put in the wood floors. Oh, and put a kickboard over the bottom of the washer/dryer so that you can't get to the lint screen or anything else. So they have to have someone come in who does kitchen fitting to get to the clogged up pipe. Guess where I'll be spending Saturday morning. I'll be taking my laptop as well to catch up on my NaNoWriMo word count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home