Blog of a CPA Mommy

Monday, October 01, 2007

Jane, Romans and Prehistoric Man

This weekend we went to Bath and Stonehenge. We camped in our tent with no problems even though it's gotten chilly here. We spent Saturday morning driving to Bath and the early afternoon stuck in traffic looking for parking. We finally parked and went to the Jane Austen Centre. The Jane Austen festival was happening, so more people dressed in Regency garb. Lady Jane decided to be a nasty little thing, so we skipped the Museum of Fashion in the afternoon. We ate at Pizza Express and went back to the campsite and tried to put Lady Jane to bed early as punishment. In the morning, we broke camp and drove into Bath. We went to the Roman Baths first thing. It was quite interesting. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Then we went to the Museum of Fashion where Phil watched the kids while I walked around it. I tried on a corset. I really think it would help my back and posture. That and it really nips in the waist. Wearing it, I might be able to squeeze into my wedding dress. Anyway, we left Bath and headed to Stonehenge a half hour away. We walked around Stonehenge and took a million photos from every angle. Then we repacked ourselves in the car and headed back to Sheffield a 4 hour drive. Overall a fun weekend even with Lady Jane being a pain in the . . . ummm . . . to conserve my G rating I'll let you use your imagination. Neck just is too nice.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    MMMmmmmm... Pizza Express.... I loved that place, there was one just a block or two from my dorm back in the day. Do they still have the dough balls and the pizza with the egg in the middle?

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger A Little Blue House said…

    Finally found your blog - Miss Lady Jane sure does remind me of someone else I know very well!!

    Looking forward to reading more of your blogs!! Sounds like you are having wonderful adventures!!!

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Yes, Pizza Express still has dough balls to die for. Yummy. We can pick up dough balls and Pizza Express pizza at the grocery store. Except the one with the egg, that one you have to get in the restaurant.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home