Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Latest

So, yeah, well, you know, it's been several months already that we've been in the UK and Phil's work has redone some of their initial estimates and it looks like we haven't spent the budget allocated to us, so... We're staying here a few more months. Our feelings on it is that we'll stay through the spring term at the children's school and then come back before the lottery at our old school. That puts us here through March 20th, but home before April's Fool Day. Which means instead of three months and we're home, we're back to five months and we're home. A few weeks short of a year.

On another note, my arch nemesis, the washer/dryer, has decided that not only does it not want to dry, it doesn't want to rinse or stay moving for very long either. Repairman comes on Thursday. If it had a neck, I'd wring it. I long for my Duets at home. Sigh. Hopefully they fix it, otherwise it will cost about 40 pounds a week to clean clothes and towels for the family at a laundrette. Equivalent to $80-90/week for self-cleaning my clothes. I don't know if Phil's work covers this, but we might have to have a talk. For now, fingers crossed that Thursday they'll be able to tell me something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home