Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Why Do I Do This to Myself?

So for someone unknown reason I find myself drawn to shows like "Most Haunted" and "Celebrity Paranormal Project". This wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't freak me out so much. I love paranormal movies too, but I don't watch them. I'm still creeped out from the "Blair Witch Project". So part of moving to England is getting to live in a fantastic home (possibly). I've found one home that was built in the 14th century. Wow, can you believe the history?! And they're renting it (letting)!? I would love to see this home, but could I live there? I guess you have to ask yourself the question, Do I believe in Ghosts?

Complicated question to answer. Have I ever met a ghost? No. Does that mean they don't exist? No. Worst yet, if I saw a ghost would my husband believe me? No. Do I think that bad things happened in places and can leave an unpleasant feeling? Yes, especially if you know the history. It just makes the place more creepy. I know the history of my house, I had it built 4 years ago. Not creepy. The house I grew up in was a Victorian house from the turn of the century. I didn't like being alone in it. I still had issues with the upstairs hallway. I don't know why but it gives me the willies. Creepy. Do I think it's haunted? Probably not. Do I think I have an overactive imagination? Probably.

The real question I guess is Is my fear enough to keep me from living in a house that has the potential to be "haunted"? I don't think so, but if I get a funny vibe from a house when I look at it, I will listen to my insticts. Especially since the majority of the days I will be in the house alone or with Lady Jane for company and my husband may travel during that time, leaving the three of us home alone. I will miss the cats, because for me, they are the bumps in the night.

So, while I'm living in an English house that could potentially be creepy especially after watching a ghost hunting show, I think I'll stick to the finer programming in life and watch the reruns when I return to the States.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home