Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Who signed me up anyway?

I'm not one to normally talk about that time of the month, but come on. Do I have to be weepy, testy and in pain for hours on end at the same exact time? (It's a rhetorical question, please don't answer I'll likely rip your head off. Don't worry though I'll cry while I do it.) I've had a case of the weepies lately. These started when I was a few months pregnant with my first child. I was watching a preview for The Tigger Movie and started to cry. Note I didn't cry at graduation or my wedding, but for The Tigger Movie .... Nice, huh. Of course, I had to laugh at myself crying. Yesterday, I started to tear up for the beginning of Tarzan. Granted that's what the folks at Disney wanted, but still had my first pregnancy not flipped some mysterious weepy switch, I wouldn't have had to hold back tears.

So besides being weepy and testy and apathetic, life's been interesting. My husband's supposed to be in town all week this week. Woohoo. I know what you're thinking, lucky him. He went to Cincinnati last week for a night and the week prior entertained the English folks with a tour through the great cities of the Midwest: Chicago, Peoria, St. Louis and Wichita. They went through the Catepillar plant in Peoria and I helped them get lined up with my dad's work in Peoria as well. I'm not holding up well under the pressure and he's going traveling more soon. We have a schedule worked out where I stay with the kids in the morning until the bus comes and he's here when the bus drops off. If you take him out of the equation, let's just say it sucks. The afterschool program is full, so now I get to try to coordinate either coming home early (I don't have anymore time off) or getting him to daycare.

I'm also desperately trying to find someone for my firm since it's likely we'll be going to England and the firm's already short one person. If that person hadn't have left, I probably would have given notice already. I'm done. I want to know that I'm the one responsible for messing up my children. Like my husband says it might not make a difference and we'll never know if it would have made a difference. But I'm sure as willing to find out. Me? Hormonal? Nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home