Blog of a CPA Mommy

Thursday, September 25, 2008

If You've Noticed the Lack...

Phil isn't good about posting and couple that with a lack of time, well, let's say it may not happen for a while. He's busy with homework from him class. Trying to make time to be with the kids. Helping Little Man with his afterschool activities. Yard work and anything else that catches his eye. Oh, planning a backpacking trip. Did I mention, working full time and over sometimes. The poor man is pulled in a hundred directions. He was up late last night trying to work on his homework and then up early this morning since he has to leave work early to get to class. So when Phil's head explodes from the pressure, we'll all know why.

As for me, there's not much new going on. I'm able to balance my life a lot better. Though occassionally I'll get stuck in la-la land when I'm writing a book or trying to research the next one. But for the most part I'm here for the kids, including their teachers. I've got a couple of things to bring up to the school. One is a program developed by the AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) for children 4th-6th grade. It's on financial literacy. The other is for all kids. Nanowrimo has a youth program. National Novel Writing Month. Which I would like to show to the teachers as writing and reading is a huge part of the curriculum. Since it's a little late this year, they may be able to schedule it in next year, but who knows. I've also been thinking about seeing if there would be any interest in an afterschool writing club. Somewhere in grades K-8, there's at least a few aspiring authors. I would have loved to have something like that growing up. I'm thinking writing sprints, brainstorming sessions, and local authors speaking.

I'm currently editing my novel and trying to figure out which idea to write about next.

Max, the cat, is getting used to things around here. He's still sleeping upstairs with the kids. Mostly on the top bunk with Little Man. Max climbs the ladder. From time to time, I have to call him off of attacking one of the older cats. Especially when they are on top of the entertainment center. Right now he's sleeping, probably dreaming of more mischief. Anyway, I have things to do. I'll try to keep you posted.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    apparently I'm Jamaican. Him class? Nice. I'm leaving it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home