Blog of a CPA Mommy

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life in General

Lady Jane is home. We had a good and not so good weekend up with the family. Little Man and I decided against driving my little car in the gusting winds Friday night, so we headed up Saturday morning. We had an interesting discussion about the civil war and rights over lunch at Steak n Shake. The weekend was a little hectic with Mom having to help with Grandma and me being left with 4 kids to try to get to sleep. Fortunately they did before my brother left around 10:30 and Dad got home a little after midnight. We were able to get everything ready for my nephew's birthday BBQ at 2:00. Kids were everywhere at that point and some interesting discussions were had by the adults. Lady Jane, Little Man, and I hopped in my little car and headed home after the gifts had been opened and the cake cut. We made it about 3 miles before the kids crashed in the backseat.

Monday, Lady Jane had her first swim lesson. A vast improvement from the prior year when she wouldn't go into the water with the teacher. Grandma came and picked up Lady Jane and her cousin from the Y and took them to her house for the afternoon. Last night was my first ever Yoga class. One of the discussions at the party was about Yoga class and how you don't think it's doing anything until you wake up the next morning. Maybe for someone who doesn't have muscle problems and stubborn joint issues. I could feel it as I was doing it. Things I was supposed to feel in my thighs never got past the knee because the calf hurt so bad. I think in the long run it will be good for me, but right now everything is protesting. Especially my hips. So I'm sitting in a comfy chair for a bit and then will get Lady Jane and I dressed and maybe play in the sunshine for a while. Then it's off to the dentist with the kids and then swim lessons for Little Man, then back home for dinner, then Phil is going climbing, so after all that I should be able to get some writing done. Yeah.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Keep up with the Yoga. I have been doing it as part of my program, and it is hard but worth it. And it is a good way to get some serious exercise in when you have issues that keep you from doing serious aerobic exercise. Good job! Let me know how it goes. Oh, and I miss you!

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    The stretching is good for my back and hip and neck. Eventually I'd like to give up the Aleve habit and be drug free. I probably should go drug free (Aleve, hey it's a drug) for a little while just to make sure my headaches aren't medication related. Since I'm in the comments and hardly anyone reads the comments. I gained about 10 lbs over in England. I really needed the first five and while the 2nd five aren't horrible I don't want to start a trend. You know once you start to slide it's a long way down. So I'm improving my eating habits and trying to stay away from the dreaded chocolate and adding exercise. I'm trying to do cardio at least once a week and with Yoga that should be enough for now.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Note I weigh what I weighed back in high school which for a 33 year old with two kids ain't bad at all.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger BriteLady said…

    Yoga's fun. At least my yoga videos are--I've never tried a live class. I am officially signed up for "ballet sculpt" at the Y...it's basically a beginner ballet class for adults, intended for strengthening rather than performance (and it's one of their free-to-members exercise classes!). I've taken dance before, but my shoes are like 13 years old now, as are my so-called "skills" :) Char is suitably impressed, though. As are my muscles....I was sore all weekend from last Thursday's class. I've been trying to go once over the weekend for cardio also. Anything beyond those two days is a bonus!

    BTW, don't worry so much about pounds on the scale--as you exercise you will probably put on some weight in muscle. Exercise and healthy eating = good :)

    If I ever weigh the amount shown on my old Indiana driver's license again, then something is probably very wrong with me. It was a perfectly respectable weight before I developed hips and b**bs (such as they are) around my freshman year of college...these days it would look downright anorexic!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home