Blog of a CPA Mommy

Friday, April 11, 2008

Escape Plan

So Little Man and I have had a lovely time to ourselves the last few weeks, but it's time to go get the hostage. There will be no negotiation at this time. Grandma had her reasons, which were valid and only somewhat suspicious. Little Man and I are driving up for my nephew's birthday and then we'll come back home as a threesome. Lady Jane has had a fantastic time being with Grandma for two weeks and it's been nice to have some peace and quiet around the house. I've been able to write during the day again. But it's time for her to come home. I get to put my new car to the gas mileage and comfort test with the 3-4 hour drive.

Nothing new really happened this week while Phil was away. Little Man had a concert with his class which was a major culture shock after his school in England. They probably just had more time to prepare in England. The parents' behavior was definitely shocking. People were talking so you couldn't hear the children on stage. At Little Man's other school, the kids didn't even have to use a microphone to be heard. The children sat still and paid attention to what was going on on stage. Oh, well. We'll readjust. My son is a ham though. He likes attention and has gotten tons of attention since he was born and I'm not talking from me and Phil, but the daycare workers, random people walking past us, etc. Which leads me to his first gymnastics class last night taught by a probably high school girl. It was him and 3 other boys and he loved it. He was able to get individualized attention and also talk to the other boys and lots of exercise. I think it will be a good fit for him. His body is light enough for a lot of the tricks and he'll develop the arm strength as he goes. He enjoyed the class too. Lady Jane's first class is set up for next week along with swimming for both of them and my Yoga. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home