Blog of a CPA Mommy

Saturday, April 05, 2008


My New Car

That's right. Screw you, bad dealership. I got me a 2007 Honda Fit. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it gets 28 city and 34 highway miles per gallon. If you want a really nice salesman to deal with check out Mike at the Dean Team of Brentwood. Yeah, I'm plugging my sales guy what of it. We're going to spend a little money to make it keyless entry for me and though I prefer the Blaze Orange Metallic I'll get used to the Tidewater Blue Metallic. Had I been building it that would have been the absolutely last color I would have picked. To be honest I thought I wouldn't want an orange car but after seeing one, I did. Go figure. Anyway life is good. It's so small I lose it in parking lots behind SUV's all the time. It allows for plenty of garage clutter around it, so the Murano gets the bigger side and Phil can get in and out of it without dinging doors.
Lady Jane's ransomer (aka Grandma) says she might bring her back Monday or Tuesday. Today she gets to go to her cousin's birthday party. Little Man was kidnapped last night by his other Grandparents who are putting him through all sorts of misery by going to a movie and maybe the Magic House and letting him watch movies and who knows what kinds of sweets they'll give him. I know my kids have it rough.
If you didn't notice, last night Phil and I were kidless for the first time in over a year. So what did we do? Well, we drove the Fit because it's new (to us) and cool. We went to Weekend's Only and looked at bunk beds for the kids and a new computer desk, then we returned the primer that was not what I needed to Home Depot and picked up the right primer, then we went to Lowes and looked at lighting and closet organizers. Finally we went to dinner at Houlihan's. I had yummy steak (mmmm, beef) and Phil had some mexican dish (they don't really understand how to cook mexican in England). We stuffed ourselves and then headed home and watched some TV before going to bed.
This morning we went to Bread Co. Where I couldn't decide between bagels, so I got three. No I haven't eaten them all. Now Phil's at climbing and I'm taking a break from working on my manuscript. We're going to head back to Weekend's Only and buy said bunkbed and desk and probably the kids' closet organizer. It's good to be back.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    So what, you go to England and get bit by the itty-bitt-car bug? Cute car, though!

     
  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Yeah, it's hard not to. I loved my Peugeot but they don't make them over here anymore. I also wanted a gas sipper. Even though I'm not going on the open road often it's still nice not to have to fuel up that often especially with the prices. It was $2.20/gallon when we left, now it's $3.20. Sticker shock.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home