Blog of a CPA Mommy

Friday, August 10, 2007

*(&(&(*&(#&)@&$#)@&$#!!!!! Fountain

So today ended the month long stay in England for my in-laws with us. Technically their flight leaves tomorrow, but they decided to spend the night in Manchester next to the airport. After arriving back from London last week, we vegged for a few days before Phil left for the states again.

Wednesday we went to see Brodsworth Hall and Garden. It was an okay house. Victorian in styling and interestingly laid out. We spent some time wandering the house and then wandered the gardens a bit. Lady Jane decided to disobey a direct order and was court marshalled. She decided she wanted to go a different way and was properly told off and taken away from the garden.

Thursday we went to Roche Abbey ruins. The children were allowed to wander all about and climb on the stones. The ruins themselves were quite lovely. I've got some good photos that I'll have Phil post when he gets back. Sure I could do it, but I'd probably do it wrong.

Today we went to Chatsworth House. I took absolutely no photos. I purposely left my camera at home. My FIL picnicked with the kids by the water steps while my MIL and I toured the house. It was pleasant to tour the house without the kids whining at me. After the tour, we met back up and as promised, Mommy walked the slippery water steps with the kids. I had been taking great care to not do anything stupid which could potentially injure my hip again or cause the bursitis to come back again while we're in England. I don't think it would be easy to go to a doctor here and say "Please just shove a needle full of cortisone directly in my hip like my doctor does at home. I swear it works." So I walk up this nice flowing water stair step in frigid water even though the sun is brutally hot (gotta love the England cool breeze though). We carefully make our way up to the top. My feet slipped a few times but no pulling. Whew!

Wait there's more. We have to go back down. Now if you watch most people only go up the stairs and not down, but not us. Apparently we're smarter than the average bear and decide to walk down the flowing water stairs. Did I mention they're made of stone and are slightly slippery? We start down. Little Man slips and falls on his butt. Lady Jane slips and falls on her butt. Mommy slips but catches herself. Children still want to go down the water stairs. Little Man slips and falls on his butt. Lady Jane slips and falls on her butt. Little Man slips and falls on his butt. Mommy slips and catches herself but feels that awful pulling sensation in her hip. !&@(*&)^$*(&)&!!! Mommy's done. No more water fall for me. I walk along the side while the kids continue to fall on their butts.

The next few hours were spent driving back and forth to Manchester to get MIL and FIL on their way. The least I could do for all the fun they've given the family since they've been here. Aberdeen, Scotland. London, England. South Yorkshire, England. It was great having them here.

Next week we head to Ireland for a week. We're camping all but 2 nights. Hopefully I'll be able to rest my hip and it'll be better before we go.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    That sucks. Get some rest, I'll be home Sunday. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home