Blog of a CPA Mommy

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Casanova in the Making

On Tuesday, Little Man started school. He was very excited about starting and had no qualms about going at all. So Lady Jane and I headed over to the Tuesday Toddler group. Lady Jane played with the toys around all the other kids and I talked with the other mothers. It was really nice. There's also swimming which we might do in a few weeks. We both had fun and got a few numbers of some people to play with. We rode the bus home and then turned around about 2:30 and rode the bus back to collect Little Man. While we were at home we walked to the Children's Resource Center in City Centre and got some info. Little Man had a great day. He brought home a picture of his first day. Apparently he's been partnered with a girl for most the day. He said he kinda liked her but couldn't remember her name. He has problems with people's names. So we read his books that he brought home and went to bed.

Yesterday was the first morning we rode the bus to school. No problems getting there. Though it's not much fun trying to get two kids and a stroller on the bus at the stop. While dropping off Little Man I mentioned to the teacher that we weren't able to find the shoes at Woolworth's. She asked Christopher's mother where she had got them. I told her I was staying near City Centre and didn't have a car. She said she had to go to Meadowhall anyway and that she would be willing to pick up some. Excellent. So we head back uphill to the bus stop and wait again. We then turn around and wait at the bus stop in the afternoon. Lady Jane fell asleep on the bus again. Try carrying a sleeping almost 4 year old and a stroller off a bus. Not fun. This was the second time she did this to me. The first time I didn't get a good hold on her and she was falling out of my grip all the way down the aisle. This time I picked her up a few stops before our stop and settled her against me before picking up the stroller. We arrive a bit early to pick up Little Man, so we went up to the front of the school and played on the equipment up there for a while. I met up with a few of the other parents who have been friendly. I got a listing of all the children in Little Man's class and their phone numbers from one mom (mum here). And I got the shoes for Little Man. Oh, and the little girl stopped by to ask if Little Man can come over and play this weekend. I said that should be fine, but forgot to ask her name. I asked Little Man and he'd forgotten again, so I told him to go ask. Go Casanova. He's in England for almost two weeks and he's already smitten. Of course I had to keep reminding him of her name. Hmmm. Let's call her Little Miss. Forgetful scientist syndrome runs in Phil's family.

By the time we make it up the hill, the bus is pulling away. It's an every 30 minute route so we headed over to Ecclesall Library for a bit to wait for the next one. We head over to Tesco when we get home which is always so much fun. NOT! We take the stroller because God forbid Lady Jane actually walk anywhere. However, in this case it's actually nice because the bags go on the handles to head home. But all they have are baskets and very small aisles. Little Man has to push Lady Jane while I carry a basket that gets awful heavy, awful fast.

This morning Lady Jane spent 10 minutes screaming and crying at the bus stop. Oh, and hitting me because she couldn't get her way. Isn't that fabulous behavior for the middle of a busy street? We finally arrive at the school and we got to meet the Little Miss's mother who mentioned that Little Miss would like to have Little Man over this weekend. Apparently she's fairly smitten as well. I think he might have met his match. Her mom said that Little Man smiles at her when they are in line for lunch. It's so cute.

This isn't his first crush. He liked a couple of girls at home as well.

I still haven't found the card reader for the pictures. I swear I'll look harder today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home