Blog of a CPA Mommy

Friday, April 13, 2007

On Square Bowls, Tiny Washer/Dryers and Annoying Makka Pakka

I had thought to get some new dishes for Christmas, but could never find a pattern I was happy with. Corelle had a nice dark blue stoneware with square plates and square bowls. I could only find them online and wanted to see them in person before committing. I am so glad I didn't get them! We have square bowls and square plates here in our temporary apartment. 4 large plates, 4 small plates and 4 bowls. I have to do dishes daily. On to the square bowls. The plates aren't really an issue, but the bowls don't load well into the dishwasher. AT ALL! If I were to have a set of eight and had used them all there wouldn't be enough room for all of them. They just don't fit well.

It's 2:30 pm and I've been working on laundry since before 11:00 am. I have a total of one load done and just started load 2. No I didn't leave and go shopping or something. As soon as the load was done I started the next. I have no idea if I've ruined the kids clothes (meaning shrunk) until they try them on. I got about a third of the clothes I normally get in my Duet and that only takes 30-40 minutes to complete the wash and then an additional 30-40 for the dryer. But while your drying the first load, you get to wash the second load. I miss my Duet. Sigh.

Ah, Makka Pakka. And you thought the Tella Tubbies were annoying. Welcome to In the Night Garden. A place where the creepy Makka Pakka, the long lost Tella Tubbie, annoys the crap out of the narrator, three style challenged dolls, another doll resembling medusa (only not so pretty) and what appears to be a blue gumby. Freaky Cbeebies. I keep expecting to come back and find my kids staring raptly at the screen in a coma like that episode in Angel where he becomes a puppet. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/inthenightgarden/ Where we have a lot of cartoon characters, Cbeebies tends to have more adults and puppets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home