Blog of a CPA Mommy

Monday, December 03, 2007

Never Wake a Sleeping Baby

Repeat this phrase until it's ingrained in your head. Lady Jane woke up before Daddy on Sunday and spewed all over the carpeting outside the bathroom door. Then Daddy left for a business trip leaving Mommy with sick Lady Jane. Lady Jane is a huge control freak, down to the point where she thought she could control when she threw up and she didn't want to. Somethings you can't control. So for the next few days I'll be doing clean up duty with the washer/dryer.

She stayed home today after waking at 3 am to have a last bought with her sickness on my bed. Fortunately, when you're only drinking water it's not as bad. I had to drag her to drop off Little Man at school and grocery shopping and to the bank. Poor thing. I finally convinced her at around 2 pm to take a nap. We had to pick up Little Man at 3:35 so at 3:15 I did what I vowed never to do. Wake a sleeping child. At first she was all sleepy happiness. Gladly took her peanut butter sandwich and some water. Then I told her we had to go get Little Man and the tears began and the whining and the general crabbiness that is the woken too soon child. Her shoes were too tight. She wanted to watch a movie. No placating was good enough.

I can't wait til tomorrow when she gets to go to school and I can finish cleaning all the fouled up mess she's left behind. Never wake a sleeping child.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger HiddenChicken said…

    Sorry to hear the Lady is sick! It seems to be going around everywhere. After Friday, I can truly sympathize for the first time. Ick. I hope she's feeling better today.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I actually considered blaming you and Sarahlynn, but since there's an entire ocean between us . . . Yeah, Little Man used to throw up on me every chance he got. Seriously if he was going to nail someone with barf, it was me. Lucky me, huh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home