Blog of a CPA Mommy

Friday, November 30, 2007

What's Wrong With This Picture?



I admit I'm a bit of a computer snob. I like my IBM Thinkpad and can't imagine having a different type of laptop. I like the newest, the latest, the greatest. It's a disease and I think it's contagious. Regardless, through my affiliation with the AICPA, I get a discount on Lenovo computers and they offered spectacular discounts around Thanksgiving time. I had my normally speced laptop down from $2000 to $1500 (sale ended at midnight). It's an ultrathin tablet laptop. I've wanted it for the past two years and I was practically drooling over the price. My husband finally left it up to me to buy or not that night. I spent fifteen minutes considering all the consequences of purchasing a laptop now. I went to bed that night feeling good about doing the right thing. I hadn't bought my computer even though it was the cheapest I would find it. Next day back up to $1700.



Phil and I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Not as big over here in the UK. We bought games and realized that my computer wouldn't be able to handle the latest version. Phil had already conceded that my laptop was old (4 years) and it was about time to replace it. I've had to delete things off the hard drive to make room for things who knew 4 years ago that 30 gig of memory just wasn't going to cut it.



We went back on Lenovo and I conceded that my overpriced tablet was probably not the best option for me. If I make any money from writing though, I'm totally buying it. We settled on a tripped out T61 which is making it's way to our house as I speak. The thing that got me was 4 years ago I spent $1700 on this laptop and I bought essentially the same laptop with a lot more features and preloaded Office for $400 less. What's wrong with this picture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home