Blog of a CPA Mommy

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Growing Up

It seems like so far, we've been trying hard to keep our children alive and healthy. So far we've succeeded. Yay! Now come the harder lessons... Ones that I'll admit I'm not very good at. How to live. Showering without needing reminders would be nice. Okay I'm good at that one. But there are bigger ones. Ones that will help them when they are out on their own. Cooking, helping make repairs around the house, maybe even go and get the oil changed on the car, learn to pump gas. 5 more years and my oldest will be a driver. Fair warning to all of you that live near by. ;) Manners and man, do they need help on this one. I wish my neighbor growing up were still around for that one.

This year they both are helping Phil with the vegetable garden. They help do chores around the house like putting away and loading the dishwasher. Sweep the floors, since they are the ones who are messiest. And when company's coming, they rock at helping clean the downstairs. We still need to work on Lady Jane's bedroom which got out of control and needs organizational help.

But today since it is Lady Jane's 8th birthday, we are going to head out to the store to buy her a new bike. Her brother wants to use his allowance to buy her something, which is cool. (something we've been working with Little Man on is respecting other people's feelings and trying to empathise. Some people come by it naturally, others need to learn it) They are growing up fast. Ten years and they'll both be in college. Hopefully they'll be prepared and able to maintain a house on their own and not have to rely on Mom to come once a month to save them from the pit of papers they've let accumulate.

PS. Thanks Mom for saving me from the pit of papers I let accumulate. I'm getting better. I swear :)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Jill said…

    Wes and I thought they displayed beautiful manners when you guys were in town a while back - I think you two are doing a great job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home