Blog of a CPA Mommy

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Since everyone else I know has a blog, I thought why not. Unfortunately, given my job of being a CPA, I don't really have that much time right now. So far this week I've worked like crazy to try to finish the report for our client. In the meantime, I'm trying to be a parent to my children. Well...the report is almost done. That's where the oxymoron of work-life balance comes in. It's all well and good on paper, but it really doesn't exist when it comes to "busy season" at an accounting firm. Minimum 55 hour workweeks and every client has a strict deadline. Regardless the pay is good and the work is interesting. I'm behind on reading my e-mail. When I'm home I'm too tired to help with much of anything. It's Sunday and I should probably be working, but instead I set up a play date for my son, helped clean the house before he came over, went to a birthday party for my nephew, and now I'm writing on a blog waiting to watch the oscars. My husband has been great considering everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home